Blackstanniland acknowledges and recognises that its operations have an impact on the local and global environment. Therefore we accept a social and moral responsibility for putting into place environmentally friendly measures which go beyond legislative requirements.
We appreciate that expressing concern for the environment is not a substitute for positive action in favour of the environment, and willingly accept the fact that financial and manpower resources have to be allocated to ensure that good environmental practice is carried out in all areas of the company's operations.Blackstanniland has made a conscious policy decision to explore every avenue open to us to ensure that care of the environment is a key consideration in our work practices, processes and methods of operation.
In this respect our policy is to:
- Comply with current legislation and, where practical, seek to meet future legislative requirements ahead of relevant deadlines.
- Continually seek to improve environmental performance within our business through the regular review of efficient energy use and effective waste-management.
- Reduce pollution, emissions and waste generated by our business activities.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- Each of our employees are responsible for ensuring that relevant processes are adhered to.
This Policy will be available at our offices and to the general public via the company website. All relevant persons working for, or on behalf of us, will be made aware of this policy through a program of training. This Policy will be reviewed by the management team on an annual basis or sooner if appropriate.
Continual improvement is built on the participation of all concerned.